Just finished the second custom sculpted Obliterator. As you can see from the steps below and the previous posts, it really only uses four bits: a heavy flamer, mutant arm, spare head, and the terminator lord head crest for the sorcerer build. Everything else was custom sculpted with green and grey stuff.
As compared to my first sculpted obliterator, this guy has a bunch more bulk built up around the wire frame which I did by adding blobs of green stuff until I liked the size. I used grey stuff for the robes and finer details as it holds up a bit better.
The vent tubes were added by using plastic tubing to mimic Typhus and the dreadnoughts.
I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. It has been a good step in learning how to sculpt, hopefully I will eventually be able to sculpt all the parts. Until then I have boxes full of bitzs to use.
I also put together a stage-by-stage picture, I think it is pretty inspiration for me, especially as I’m about to start the third, and last for now, obliterator.
until next time…
Join Broken Paintbrush
Get updates from Broken Paintbrush straight to your email including exclusive materials before they are released on the blog.