Want to learn how to build plastic miniatures? Or learn some advanced techniques to improve your kitbashing, conversion, and get started in sculpting? Then the first full-length book in the Beginner to Happy Series: How to Improve Your Hobby Building Skills is for you.
I have built hundred of minis over the years and put together some tutorials on this site. After being asked by many readers for more in-depth help, I have been working on a series of books. Each will go much deeper than any post could and organized so that it assist you on your path from Beginner to Happy.
What’s in the Book
In this 104 page book, I broke it down into three main parts:
- The most basic skills, including helping the absolute beginner build your first miniature, a list of tools, safety, and glue
- A deeper dive into how to build your miniature, including prepping each piece, simple conversion, and re-posing, filling gaps, and building a base
- Advanced techniques, including composition theory, converting, bit bashing, and basic sculpting
Table of Contents
- Part One: The Basics
- Your First Miniature
- The Basic Tools
- Choosing the Right Glue
- Part Two: Building
- Preparing the Miniature
- Attaching the Pieces
- Making it Your Own
- Filling Gaps and Covering Mistakes
- Building the Base
- Part Three: Modify and Create
- Adjusting the Pose
- Building in Damage
Buy a Copy
Thanks to a couple of online tools, I have been able to get the book published in a number of different platforms. My hope is that one will match your preferred reading style or device. At this time, the paperback is only available at Amazon, but should eventually be on other bookstores.
While I have done my best to check each store is providing the correct information and provides a good user experience, let me know if there are any problems.
Did you know that I donate part of the proceeds of every book? Be a part of something bigger. See more on the Giving page.
Join Broken Paintbrush
Get updates from Broken Paintbrush straight to your email including exclusive materials before they are released on the blog.